• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Upper control arms?

00Classic

NAXJA Forum User
I just ordered the 4" hybrid kit from DPG. My question is why if Dirk says it is a complete kit and it is, why not include upper control arms. Is there some thing missing or I just don't understand? I would think you would also want these replaced. Does the factory upper along with a new lower not effect geometry?

BTW, Dirk is a great guy with great products. I have ordered from him in the past and I am always very happy with the service and product.

The new LCA's will be longer to readjust caster but the axle won't be centered in the wheel well. Probably about 3/4 to 1 inch toward the rear.

^^^^^ Wrong.
I just got done with my 4.5" minus the Adj. Uppers and the wheels are centered with the 4.5 fixed LCA's being used. My alignment was way off, but the wheels are centered. I don't think you NEED the uppers. When i got my alignment done, the guy at the front end shop said I didn't need to put them in...forget how that topic came up though.

oh i can chime in on this one here!

i talked to dirk from DPG yesterday and i asked him that exact question, "do you need new adj. uppers with that particular kit"? and he stated no, because the factory ones are designed to flex a little bit when articulating and the axle shouldnt be moved far at all from center with his Hybrid Kit.

but he said it wouldnt hurt to do them if you want to do them.

Back