• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rebuild a Renix or buy a 91 crate?

AIbandit

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
My engine is definetly worn out. i was wondering what yall think is it worth rebuilding my tired old girl or going through the whole hassle of swaping wiring harnesses for the 91 HO.
also im guessing from what have read a AX15 will bolt up to a renix right? id rather verify then get crap i dont need =P. what else would i need for a auto to stick swap? thanks for you input =]

You are better off driving yours till it dies and buying another renix motor, they are a dime a dozen. If you are stuck on having the ho then sell your jeep and buy a 91+. And the same with automatic to stick. The beauty of cherokees is that you can find good runners all day long for a grand. You can become a collector like me.......

bigpimpinben said:
You are better off driving yours till it dies and buying another renix motor, they are a dime a dozen. If you are stuck on having the ho then sell your jeep and buy a 91+. And the same with automatic to stick. The beauty of cherokees is that you can find good runners all day long for a grand. You can become a collector like me.......
lol i dont really want to collect i just want to rebuild for some more horsepower for rock crawling. ive driven a couple renix XJ's and mine really lacks power compared to others. i think ill just rebuild it id rather have a rebuilt then buying one that i dont know how abused it is. thanks

anyone one have information on the conversion to stick?

Some of the the renix's i have been in seem to have more torque then the later ho's... just of course from my experience.
When i build my stroker, im going to use a block from the renix era and everything from the head up out of a HO between 91-95. Thats what i would recommend that you do. You dont have to change out wiring or any of that bologna.
As far as the conversion to an ax15 .. i have no clue. i prefer the aw4.

Muad'Dib said:
Some of the the renix's i have been in seem to have more torque then the later ho's... just of course from my experience.
When i build my stroker, im going to use a block from the renix era and everything from the head up out of a HO between 91-95. Thats what i would recommend that you do. You dont have to change out wiring or any of that bologna.
As far as the conversion to an ax15 .. i have no clue. i prefer the aw4.

if you use the throttle body from the HO, you will need to modify the renix tps.

thanks guys much apreciated =]

Back