• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ Steering Column for a YJ???

Pleiner87

NAXJA Forum User
Ok this question is for my YJ, and this is a XJ Fourm, but never fear i do have a XJ, but for now this question is for my '95 YJ's steering column. My '95 YJ has a non-tilting column, also it does not have intermittent wipers. My turn signal switch has been broken since i bought it, so it sorta saggs down. It still works but i want to replace it, and now this is where the fun starts... Is there a way to put an intermittent motor in the windshield and put a tilting and pre-wired intermittent XJ column in my YJ, plug these in and away i go? I would need to find a '93-'94 XJ column with the manual trans. key release? I have not done any type of measurement for the YJ to XJ column... but as they are both the GM column??? and it would be nice to have the intermittent wipers as well. Any ideas, and i promise no more YJ questions...

Back