• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Where to get a Steering Stablizer Bolt?

Monkey55

NAXJA Forum User
Hey Kids,

Anyone know where I can pick up a steering stabilizer bolt? I have a Doetsch steering stabilizer. I don't think the stock one will work. From what I remember when installing it about 2 years ago, the stock and the after market bolts were different sizes (the bushing end). But I don't remember..

I really can't wait to have one shipped. Also, I couldn't find anything on 4Wheelsparts.com. Their site sucks..

E

The bushing side (right side of pic) is 15.8mm. I don't know how that converts to standard size.

Stabbolt.jpg

Thanks,
E

I got one from 4West a while ago they charged me like $3 and 4WP actually sometimes has some left over, they've kicked me down a couple of little stuff like that for free. I have one that would work off my stock steering. Your welcome to it.

swbooking said:
I have one that would work off my stock steering. Your welcome to it.

I thought the bushing side of the bolt is bigger than stock.. :dunno: I dont' have the stock one to compare it to...

E

The one i have on my old steering is from a rancho steering stab. But just head over to 4WP and ask if they have any laying around... they probably do.

I'll check, I think mine is laying on the garage floor. pm me your address and I'll drop it in the mail. Jeep works fine with the 1ton and no stabilizer.

Found the one off mine. I'll drop it in the mail tomorrow. Like I said though, you can drive without the stabilizer. That's what I'm doing, as the 1 ton has no provision for it.

E,

I have one (because I can't seem to bring myself to ever throw anything away). Stop by when you get a chance and see if it will work. It looks a little different than your photo.

Thanks Mark.

I know I can drive it without a stabilizer, but, I'm a little anal about certain things..

Evan, I'm guessing you have the stock bolt. I'll check it out..

Thanks Joe, Bill & Alan.

I'm hoping that Mark's or Evan's will work. If not, I'll go down the list the the next closest to me.
;)

E

Back