• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

how long to install re 5.5 short arm

poorboyjohn

NAXJA Forum User
i was wondering how long do you guys think it will take me to install it? i will have my dad with me who has installed many lifts, air tools, hydraulic truck lifter, and i have all replacemnt bolts for everything. thanks

With experienced help, less than a day.

tip: hook shackle end of leaf springs first, then use a floor jack and prybar to align the front pin.

I'd say a good part of a day if everything goes smooth and you can keep going. My Rusty's 8" took about 8 hours with 3 guys, a lift, and air tools......

~Nick

XJ_Vikings said:
the sooner you start spraying pb blaster the quicker and less frustrating itll be

x2.

when i did my new axles i had to take the whole thing apart and put it back together.
we started at 5 in the afternoon, didnt get done til 6 the next mornin.
this took so long because of a stripped track bar and i had to pull the rear end, do brake lines, do new drums and put in the new rear.
was too bad tho.

def blast the shit out of it tho.

When you do install the drop brackets in the front, don't tighten anything all the way until all the bolts are in. Their kind of a bitch to get lined up.

Back