• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What can I expect to pay for a stock 8.25

smcdonaldaz

NAXJA Forum User
I'm thinking about buying a junk yard 29 spline 8.25 and do the ZJ disc brake conversion. What can I reasonably expect to pay for the donor axle? This will replace the D35 on my '93.

I wouldn't pay more than $200 for one. There are a handful of 29 splines around here for $150-they pull it.

you guys hear mopar is selling dana 44 rubicon front and rear complete axles with disc brakes and electric lockers & 4.10 gears 1400 an axle...WOW!! party1:

Last edited:
x2elite said:
Did any of the 8.25's come stock with 4.10's in them?

Couldn't tell you... Stosk 3.55 will befine for the type of wheeling I do. Plus, I don't want to have to mess with regearing the front.

I've got one that I need to get rid of out of my 98 XJ. Just put all new bearings and seals in it. The pinion main bearing is bad, installation error I guess. I have torn it back down and all of the other bearings are good. About 200 miles on the new bearings.

I decided to scrap the idea and put a ford 8.8 in instead.

Back