• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rear bumper bolts?

bshaw

NAXJA Forum User
yes i have searched! i'm trying to find out what size the bolts are for the 8 stock locations for the bumper mounts are? the ones just under the hatch, four on left and four on the right. this is for a 95 too btw. any help would greatly be apperciated! thanks a head of time!

coarse threaded on the wife's 87, I just took them off this weekend to fix the tire carrier.

15mm head
10mm diameter
1.5" long
course thread

I too was just working in the rear bumper last night and that all seems to be the right specs on them.

bshaw said:
finally found the bolts i needed, home depot and lowes are racist's towards metric size bolts! :D anyway, for future reference....... i bought;
10mm x 1.5 x 30mm bolts and they worked out great, was the exact size needed.

And for additional futurer reference, Ace Hardware has a large selection of metric hardware.

Sounds like you have it under control. Only extra point I would make is to be careful with the length--the two bolts that go under the shackle box will rub the leaf springs if they are too long.

I bought a box of the bolts from Fastenal fwiw

Back