• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Mustang Injectors on a Renix

JoeOffRoad

NAXJA Forum User
Well, I picked up a set of the late model Mustang GT injectors from work yesterday. Aus Reman injectors part # MP-10898. The aplication is a 1999 Ford Mustang GT 4.6L SOHC, with a flow rate of 19lb. I will post pics of the install and such tom. The idea is better discharge nozzel, better atomization, better ignition, better burn, more power. What you are doing is making what you have work better, which should help throughout the RPM range. I have talked to a lot of different guys on this mod, all have claimed different power levels, or MPG change. But this is something you could ask what did you get by doing this to 10 guys, and get 9 different answers on. But those 9 answers would be positive. I am not really hoping for super mileage or even a boost in power. I just want a smoother idle and cleaner aceleration.
Box Part Number:
mustanginjectors2.jpg

Close up of discharge nozzle, with the 4 outlets:
mustanginjectors1.jpg

Pics of the bodys of injectors:
mustanginjectors.jpg

I just installed the 19lb. Mustang 5.0 fuel injectors on my 176,000 '90' XJ. Bought them off of eBay. $40.00 shipped to my door.

Ford Mustang 19lb. fuel injectors (# E6TE-A3B)

Took about an hour to do and the results are amazing. Runs like a brand new 176,000 engine.

Highly recommend this Renix fix/upgrade!

I put the 4.6L injectors from a C.V. in my 92. Much better idle & acceleration. JIM.

The Crown Vic injectors are just "plug and play" or are there other mods required with the upgrade?

ILLXJ said:
I put the 4.6L injectors from a C.V. in my 92. Much better idle & acceleration. JIM.

How much for those ILL? Ebay? I have a 93, what #?

Well... Got the new injectors in, and they are great!!!! BUT... There is always a but :moon: when working on Jeeps .... The new injectors, with the new 'smoother' idle helped me find out how crappy my Jeep is really running.... One thing led to another, which led me to do a compresson check... This led me to find a blown head gasket, and or warped head. With blow buy between cylinders 3&4 .:doh: I got the head off today. Goes to the machine shop tom. AM. At least it is getting taken care of! :cheers:

91Woody said:
The Crown Vic injectors are just "plug and play" or are there other mods required with the upgrade?
Same as the 5.0 injectors I think: Bosch 19 lb/hr.

One word of advice: DO NOT disconnect the fuel line, it cost $20+ to put back on. Remove everything else that is in the way, spray the injector/manifold interface with PB-Blaster, "turn" the injectors in their holes. Then slowly lift the rail.

Edit: DOH!!! X2 on the new o-rings.

Last edited:
91Woody said:

Plug & play. I just used new o-rings. JIM.

tkjeeper said:
How much for those ILL? Ebay? I have a 93, what #?

I got them from a friend,$0. I can get the part # off of the extra injector. JIM.

Back