• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Check out my home brew winch bumper

98XJROKS

NAXJA Forum User
I shouldv'e taken the time to write up a thread but there are so many winch bumper threads these days...Well here it is I just finished it up...

IMG_0043.jpg

IMG_0045.jpg

IMG_0041.jpg

Last edited:
Ba-Riedo said:
Looks good, I would have made the sides go back farther to protect the front clip and fenders though.

-Alex

Yeah, once the 35 X 13.5 Krawlers and bushwackers are back on you'll understand whats going on there.

A stinger was in the original plan, but a friend offered to paint it free while he was shooting semi frames with new paint. I wasn't ready, so I let him have it. All and all It turned out alright.

Took me about a weeks worth of evenings. My next bumper will change some, but this is my first.

It's a long story. This jeep was totalled last April and It's taken me this long to rebuild it. The flares will go back on as soon as the front clip is buffed out.

XJEEPER said:
The rig rebuild is looking good.

Thanks....I appreciate the heads up on the clock spring. That saved me a few bucks...

Tbecker said:
Nice bumper did you make plans or just start from scratch?.........I am thinking of making my own and need some ideas.

I cut out the frame tie in brackets, mounted them and then just cut out card board until I liked what I saw. All you need is one side, tape it all together and when your done use them as templates.

Blaine B. said:
Are those 33x12.50's?

How wide are the rims, and how much backspacing?

These are 33x12.50 15's. I'm not 100% sure of the backspacing but they're in the 3.75 range or someting like that. These are my extra set so I don't have to work around those damn big Krawlers.

Starboard M said:
How far does it stick out from the grill? Looks pretty good.

I built it to fit the winch, and that's 10" deep, so I would say its in the 11"-12" range deep. You can't really tell but the approach angle in almost straight back and flat..

Back