• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

A great site

BuckFever

NAXJA Forum User
I'm glad I bought my Cherokee and I'm even more glad that this site is available for help. I was gonna ask another stupid question but I think I found the answer. My Jeep has been idling pretty low when I start it; around the 200-400 RPM range and dips way down when the throttle is hit and released; such as backing up in reverse (it dies). So I looked a bit and was thinking TPS. Well, other people had the same issue, so that's something I'll be checking tomorrow :) And hopefully adjusting. This is the time when I really miss Autozone though. All we have here is a NAPA and Checker.

Pull and clean the IAC and the throttle body where the IAC mounts.

I have a similar situation, where I need to clean the TB and the IAC. Can you use throttle body cleaner on the IAC itself?

Yup! Well, I did at least, and had no issues on my '89.. worked like a champ! Gets the gunk off.

Unless the 'tit' is seperated (causing constant stalling). You'll know if it is. It will protrude excessively. (the 'tit')

Last edited:
Back