• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Computer question

StevarXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Hi

This week i just installed a new SYE and finished everything but my speedo did not work. I have to figure out which of the 4 positions matches the teeth in the speedo gear. When I took the vehicle home today from work I left the speedo prob for this weekend and I noticed my truck stall out twice, once coming off the highway and once coming to a stop at a sign on a road i was barrelin down. So anyways my question is. in 92 did the 4 liter have any reliance on the speedo gear in the way it runs? Does it use the speedo as a Vehicle Speed Sensor? Also the truck has a manual transmission.

Pull the sensor and count the number of teeth on the speedo gear.

each of those slots on the sensor is marked for a particular range of teeth numbers.

rotate the sensor to that mark and bolt it down

yeah tommy woods was nice enough to supply a nice instruction manual that helped with the custom work on the t-case Im just asking if the stallin was related to the speedo in-op?

Well I solved the problem, adjusted the speedo housing and the stall is gone. I read in all-data at work that with no speedo the computer wont recognize closed throttle deceleration. Thanks for responses

Back