• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

a tire oxymoron

Harry_f

NAXJA Forum User
I'm looking for a 30 inch mud tire, but i want it to be comfortable on the highway, and i want them to be quite (relatively). what are some good tires you guys reccomend. I'm currently planning to order a set of toyo opencountry m/t's. I've also heard good things about the new thornbird from interco (super swamper).

Toyo wears fast and is middle noisy. You never hear anybody recommend Goodyear M/T's. They wear well, reasonably quiet and seem to self clean really well IMO.
I've run Toyo's, BFG's, Interco and others. As a compromise between a mud tire and a street tire Goodyear does it well. Though Goodyears are just a touch stiff and don't seem to flex as much as most other MT's.

Go BFG's you wont regret it. thats what i was running when i was on 31's. excelent traction off road and supper quiet on the street.

I'm running a set of ProComp Xtreme MTs (33x12.5) and I am impressed with their road manners, xtremely low vibration on the road even at slow speeds, and very little droaning at highway speeds. Oh yeah, and they have plenty of bite in the mud with moderate siping. Off Road Magazine did a write up on them a little while back. I have yet to test them on the beach but that's coming real soon

I love my Toyos. I have run MTR's, Firestone M/T's, and Dunlop Mud Rovers and the Toyos are my hands down favorite. They are not near as noisy as my MTR's were and are not wearing near as fast.

x10 on the Pro Cops Xtreme MT's lol...but seriously great tires, good wear and as xjnewbie said quiet on-road and good offroad performance....especially on rocks actually... awsome all-round tire.

I haven't seen the new BFG MT kms in action yet but reviews are good.

I would recomend the Interco TrXus MT however, I have seen them in action and was amazed with both the road manners and the grip and self cleaning of them. They also wear amazingly well.

I saw these tires the other day.. but i couldn't imagine them being any good they had flames for tread. I searched online they're called nitto dune grapplers. they look sweet imo

Maxxis Bighorns...

AWESOME EVERYWHERE!

Back