• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Here is my problem...

Im new to NAXJA and im currently a high school senior
My Dad owns a 2005 wrangler unlimited with a six inch fabtech longarm kit.
We just swaped out the stock axles for dana 60s.
So we have a front dana 30 with a track lock and a rear dana 44 with a detroit locker. He is locking to swap out his lift kit for another kit that can handle the strain of the extra weight of the dana 60s.

Is there any way that I could make that suspension fit onto a 92 XJ. I have spent some time looking at it and it looks almost doable. Has any one done it?

I need a new rearend anyway so im just trying to figure out if i should saw off all the old mounts and reweld new mounts for the leaf springs or leave the old mounts on and have a four link in the rear.

I have asked around and I cant get a strait answer?? PLEASE HELP!!

Front axle will be a low pinion D30, which is a downgrade from your current high pinion D30. The track lock might be good, but not as great as a true locker. But thats really up to you. Does he have upgraded axles, gears, and other stuff? If its only the track lock, its most likely not worth the swap, even if its free.

Rear end you will have to cut off the 4 link mounts and add on your old mounts, or buy some better HD perches and shock mounts.

Dont do a 4 link in the back. If your asking about this, a 4 link is not a viable option for you.

They both have 4.88 gears

Here are some picks of the rigs if that helps...
IMG_0885.jpg

IMG_05942.jpg

I currently have a 3.5 inch lift pro comp lift kit with 2 inch blocks in the rear and JKS adjustable spacers in the front. Totlas out to about 5 inches of lift.
K&N cool air intake
Magnaflow muffler
rebuit 4.0 L
blown rearend
open front dana 30
all on 32 in muds

Back