• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Renix TPS to HO throttle body.

jeepboy381

NAXJA Forum User
So I swapped a 2000 Jeep intake manifold on my 87 XJ and am just wanting to see pictures or hear thoughts on what people have done to adapt the Renix TPS to the HO throttle body. I had a 95 intake manifold on previously and did adapt the renix TPS to the throttle body but it was kind of redneck and a pain to adjust. Is there a better way? These TPS sensors are spendy for the 5 speeds!

I used Hesco's TPS adapter.

I just read your for sale thread, wish I would have seen that sooner! That little adapter is $125 from Hesco, is it made from 24K gold or something? I might just make something similar to what they made.

When I adapted my old TPS sensor I just drilled out the two adjustment slots bigger, unscrewed the metal lever, bolted on the HO TPS black connector in its place, and shaved down the metal piece that the TPS reads from. It sucked but it worked if adjusted very very carefully.

jeepboy381 said:
I just read your for sale thread, wish I would have seen that sooner! That little adapter is $125 from Hesco, is it made from 24K gold or something? I might just make something similar to what they made.

When I adapted my old TPS sensor I just drilled out the two adjustment slots bigger, unscrewed the metal lever, bolted on the HO TPS black connector in its place, and shaved down the metal piece that the TPS reads from. It sucked but it worked if adjusted very very carefully.
Yeah, and of course I ended up selling it for around $45 or $50 if I remember right. I would just make a copy of it if I were you, it did work well, I just didn't need it any longer. You should be able to improvise and make one that will work about the same.

on my 03 grand cherokee 4.0 swap i used the stock tps for the 03 motor-what i did was slot the holes to make it adjustable-BUT -since the renix tps uses a lever and the 03 is direct mounted the swing of the lever vs the swing of the renix is different you only get about 3.5 volts or so at full throttle,you need 5 volts full throttle.simple i made an adjustable map sensor box-but i used it to feed the tps reference volts(5 v ) and bumped it up about 7 volts and i get .7- .8 volts at idle-which is what it should be and get 5.0 volts at full throttle.perfect- plus the tps is WAY cheaper to replace than the $125 one from the dealer for the renix.PM me if ya want any more info on this.

Back