• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NERVOUS!

Skullver

Still Flailing
Wife has been having contractions for the last few days, went to the hospital last night and they are 5-minutes apart, any more intense and/or frequent and it is on, baby number 2! I am just as nervous as ever, much more nervous than the first time as I know what to expect now. Sweating, hard to eat.....can't even really think straight. I have been trying to get stuff done but it is really hard knowing that the call is coming, I have been checking my phones functionality every few minutes. Anyways I'll keep you guys posted, guess I'll post some random pics while I pass the time.......

my daughter:
IMG_0854.jpg

progress on the jeepspeed:
IMG_0860.jpg

IMG_0861.jpg

IMG_0869-1.jpg

IMG_0872.jpg

IMG_0876.jpg

Hey Skull..

Congrats.. Keep us updated. Your daughter is a cuttie. Even though I haven't met you in person, I'm guessing that she gets her good looks from her mother.. :laugh:

On the last pic, I don't think you supported the axle enough.. It looks a little weak.. LOL..... j/k...

E

EliasJ123 said:
Hey Skull..
On the last pic, I don't think you supported the axle enough.. It looks a little weak..

E

I Agree that furnature dolly does look like its a little overloaded with that heavy arse chunk of steal on it... :looney:

Congrates again Chris....

OK you need to drink a beer or..... 5, its going to be alright we will get you through this. :)

3 kids later, and one being while deployed to the middle east. Homebrews right a couple beers..... will help. Well beers help all issues and some motrin

hehe, thanks guys, she definitely looks more like mom, thankfully for her:), feeling a bit less nervous, I would love to drink a beer or 5, that rear end is what happens when I don't drink beer, bulbousness, it should hold up, hopefully the parts that keep it attached will also. No call yet......to be continued. The cool thing is, we decided to have the sex of this one a surprise, so it will have that extra bit of excitement involved.
Cheers

congrats Chris! We wanted to be surprised the first time around and for our second, we're wanting to know in advance.

Congrats Chris! Hope everything has gone good! Let me know when your ready to race ill be there!

Congrats and best wishes!!

Hopefully big sister will be a great help when #2 starts getting bigger!

Thanks guys, she told me to watch for the call today, the contractions are getting more intense:D.

The rear doesn't weigh THAT much, the top brace is .125" and the back bone is 3/16", the bump stop pads are a bit heavy but they will be taking some abuse, as will everything else. I ended up making the vent right into the fill cap by tapping the lid with 1/8 npt and using a parker fitting with some hose, hopefully it will work out ok.

My mom was just razzing me about payback for when I was a troublesome child, I love watching her and pops with the grandbaby. I will keep you all posted, thanks for the comments!

John, motor worked out fine, thanks again!!!! there was a broken stud in the block but with some creative center punching and tapping(and cussing of course) we were able to get it out, 2 broken (LHT)taps later. Other than that it is working out fine so far. His other motor had #2 and #4 pistons with at least 1/8" of slop in the cylinder, I can't believe it still ran like that, there was at least 1" of thick metallic paste crusted to the bottom of his pan, unbelievable that it was still running, albiet it was quite the racket!

Cheers

Back