• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

OK need a definate answer please, Front seat Swap

brianglawson

NAXJA Forum User
Ok, so i know manual 93-04 grand cherokee seats will bolt on to my 98 cherokee sliders. i have a herniated disc and a severly broken driver seat in my cherokee right now. I've tried searching a bit fo this bust seem to keep coming up with different answers. Will power WJ seats bolt on to my sliders? The have Manual recline dont they? it seems to be really hard to find manual WJ seats... i would love some of the microcloth ones... i would also be happy with late mode ZJ seats but cat find any of those either.. any help I'd appreciate.. also any pics would be great

WJ seats will bolt onto the 1995-2001 XJ Cherokee seat base. Many WJ seats have manual recline and IIRC the WJ power recline is part of the seatback and not part of the power motor seat base.

If you'd like the power seat bases in your XJ that has manual slides, your best bet is 95-96 XJ Country models. Most have powered bases and they bolt right into 97+ XJ's also. The only 97+ XJ with BOTH front power bases are the 99-00 Limited with heated leather seats, optional in the '01 Limited.

Here are some 04 WJ Grand seats in my 2000. The WJ power seat switches are nonfunctional until I find an XJ Cherokee power seat base.

standard.jpg

ok, thanks for that info.. so any grand cherokee seat will bolt to an xj rail? thats good to know

what about a power zj seat? i just got a line on some popwer cloth 97 zj seats.. do they have manual recline or would htey be power, and coud i bolt them to my rails?(i would suspect so)

brianglawson said:
what about a power zj seat? .. do they have manual recline or would they be power, and coud i bolt them to my rails?(i would suspect so)

ZJ Grand seats bolt to XJ seat bases. Same deal, you lose the ZJ power functions (if equipped) because you re-use the XJ seat base you already have. If the recline is powered and part of the seatback and not the seatbase, you can install a switch on it and and use it (for ZJ or WJ).

Back