• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WJ control arm question

madmax

NAXJA Forum User
i picked up a 2000 wj lp d30 to do the knuckle swap.
the axle came with shocks, sway bar and control arms.

i plan i swapping the LCA on to my girlfriends XJ that already has a 3" lift and 31's. my question is about the upper control arms. i can see the are beefier the the stock xj one.

are the WJ upper control are able and worth swapping on to a XJ?

Just measure the length between bush eye centers and also see if the widths of the bushes are the same along with the bolt diameter. Would like to know this too as I have done the WJ lower arm swap a few years ago and really liked the improvement in ride they gave.
http://www.go.jeep-xj.info/HowtoWJcontrolarms.htm

Gojeep, did you build those frame side drop brackets yourself? those are sweet lookin'!!!

EDIT: Nevermind, just found the link on your page :) I love it how you have every little mod listed on there. So impressive!

I know i can and will swap the LCA. My question was on the upper control arms. I'm out of town for the next week and am try to get a good plan to greather of what i can get done next weekend. I really dont want to waste a few hours on a upper control arm swap if i dont have to. I'm only going to be home for 2 1/2 days

Back