• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Another fender trimming question

Tommy4949

NAXJA Forum User
So, I was wondering if anyone has done this or seen it done. Keeping the plastic inner fender in the front with trimmed fenders? I know if I kept the factory flares it would be pretty easy to just push the plastic up and bolt it back the way it was, but what if you are not running flares at all. I took the flares off tonight cause the new tires were rubbing really bad. All the metal bars that hold the studs for the flares were completely rotted. I mean all the studs spun because there wasn't anything holding them. I would like to keep the plastic to keep mud out from behind the headlights and out of the fender pockets like were the power antena is. Thanks.

I kept the plastic inner fender liner. I bent the trimmed fender around the upper middle fender support and zip tied around it to hold the liner up. At the lower rear (in front of the door) I didn't cut off much sheetmetal. I bent it in 90 deg and put the plastic liner behind it. I had to do some trimming of the plastic here and there so it wouldn't show. It works well.

-Jim C

The headlight area is enclosed in the engine compartment. So you dont have to worry about that. Get a pool noodle and stuff in in the fender and that will protect the door area.

I cut my fenders and raised my front flares so my 33" tires would clear.

Fender liner
FrontFlareRight_sm.jpg

Raised flare to bodyline
lfview_sm.jpg

Stuffed tire
lfflex_sm.jpg

Filled gap caused by raising the flare
filledgap_sm.jpg

Back