• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I was just getting in, now I am kinda out

88trailcrawler

NAXJA Forum User
Hey So Cal guys,

Man, I bought an XJ for my kid, found NAXJA about a year ago, built my/his XJ up a little and was having a blast going on NAXJA runs, meeting guys on the trail. I went on 3-4 runs and was looking forward to many-many more.

I have been self-employeed for nearly 20 years, nearly my whole working life. All of the sudden out of no where I got presented with the opportunity to accept a consultant position employment offer that will greatly simplify my financial life, yet it does not allow for as much decretionary time, at least for the time being.

So, I sit here now looking at the NAXJA site for the first time in weeks hoping to keep an eye out for So Cal weekend runs that I might be able to fit into my schedule.

As for now the kid is digging driving a lifted XJ to school and I will be checking in periodically to find day trips I can tag along on. I have Calico 3/15 penciled in. I know it won't be the same without checking in and participating in the pre and post wheeling threads, but everyone I have met so far on NAXJA and the trails has been pleasure to meet, so I am looking forward to Calico.

Hopefully all So Cal NAXJA guys, their families and their rigs are doing well.

Signed,

Corporate Sell Out.

88trailcrawler said:
Hey So Cal guys,

Man, I bought an XJ for my kid, found NAXJA about a year ago, built my/his XJ up a little and was having a blast going on NAXJA runs, meeting guys on the trail. I went on 3-4 runs and was looking forward to many-many more.

I have been self-employeed for nearly 20 years, nearly my whole working life. All of the sudden out of no where I got presented with the opportunity to accept a consultant position employment offer that will greatly simplify my financial life, yet it does not allow for as much decretionary time, at least for the time being.

So, I sit here now looking at the NAXJA site for the first time in weeks hoping to keep an eye out for So Cal weekend runs that I might be able to fit into my schedule.

As for now the kid is digging driving a lifted XJ to school and I will be checking in periodically to find day trips I can tag along on. I have Calico 3/15 penciled in. I know it won't be the same without checking in and participating in the pre and post wheeling threads, but everyone I have met so far on NAXJA and the trails has been pleasure to meet, so I am looking forward to Calico.

Hopefully all So Cal NAXJA guys, their families and their rigs are doing well.

Signed,

Corporate Sell Out.
time will pass quick enough, in the mean time buy the parts you want for your jeep and when time allows have them installed then WHEEL IT TILL YOU GOTTE GO BACK TO WORK!! ( i meant to do that ):laugh3:

Definatly not complaining. Just kind of bummed becuase I was starting to meet people in here and on the trails. Looks like now I will have less opportunity to hit the trails with you guys.

Remi: I still got to get those T-shirts. You going to Calico on the 15th?

88trailcrawler said:
Definatly not complaining. Just kind of bummed becuase I was starting to meet people in here and on the trails. Looks like now I will have less opportunity to hit the trails with you guys.

Remi: I still got to get those T-shirts. You going to Calico on the 15th?

Hey,

No one's a sell-out unless they bend over for a lot of money.. You are doing what you need to do.

I think you'll find that people around here won't let you think you can just "bow out" You don't have to be a post-whore, but you CAN pop in and chat and come out on day runs.. Some guys around here don't even hit the dirt; we call them "Web Wheelers" or "Mall Crawlers".. LOL.. and they know who they are.. ;)

Anywho, congrats on the job and I should see you at Calico..

E

There is a day trip planed to Truckhaven next Saturday, come on out!

I have a friend that comes out for day runs, lower desert is about a hour an a half away... How far is clig from you? There is all kinds of stuff to do.. All you have to do is post up 1 week before you go out...Most of these guys jump at a run :roll:

I know how you feel.... but dont worry, the boys at NAXJA will still love ya even if you're not around for a while on the runs. You can can still spend time with everybody here on the net!

My job involves racing on about 24 weekends a year so there are plenty of trips i cant make, but when i show at the ones i can, the same friendly faces are there.

Dont sweat it....

.:D

88trailcrawler said:

dude i definitely know how you feel. since my joining NAXJA in jan of 04, i've made 2 naxja runs. one w/ the NW chapter, the other w/ the SOCAL guys. So believe me i understand the frustration. I do the same thing, buy parts for the jeep and stockpile for the next excursion:D

Back