• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Recovery Class-March 8th

karstic

NAXJA Forum User
I have arranged a recovery course with Frenchie LeChance of 4Western Adventures. The course will cover the safe use of a Hi-Lift, recovery strap and winch. The course will take place at Ocotillo Wells SVRA on March 8th. More details can be found here

http://www.socal4x4geocachers.org/m...8&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

The class is limited to 20 participants and cost will be dependent on # of participants. Based up the number of people I have signed up. The course will be less than $35 a person.

Send me a PM if you are interested.

Original_MudButt said:
Do I have to bring my own Hi-lift, winch, etc.?

Will I be able to bring my stocker XJ?

I might be interested.......

If you have recovery equipment bring it, but it's not necessary. Stocker, yes. Does it have tow points.

Check out Frenchies website.

www.4westernadventures.com

Steve, very good idea to set this up but I wont be able to make it. I need to buy a winch first but that aint the reason why I cant attend. :)

I need to make payment this Friday, so if you wanna go let me Know.

Hrm. I'm pretty sure I can safely use all of my gear, but I may come out to let others who don't have it play with my gear.

Are you making it a day trip, or hitting truckhaven on the way home?

Call me thursday for a commitment, I have to look at the calender and see if I can squeeze it in or not.

I am interested... if I can get leave approval for that day.

What time is the class scheduled to start?

We'll be meeting at The Desert Rose Cafe at 8:30am. Class will be 5-6 hours, plan for lunch on the trail.

djblade311 said:
Steve, very good idea to set this up but I wont be able to make it. I need to buy a winch first but that aint the reason why I cant attend. :)

Speaking of money... I need to pick something up. I don't work on Monday's any longer... you around for BBQ at Burrell's?

djblade311 said:

Speaking of money... I need to pick something up. I don't work on Monday's any longer... you around for BBQ at Burrell's?

Great idea, Karstic!

So you gonna be there?

Burrells is that the place in SA? What's the address again, maybe I could swing lunch on Monday.

karstic said:
So you gonna be there?

Burrells is that the place in SA? What's the address again, maybe I could swing lunch on Monday.

Monday, if Josh has time and the part, we are meeting for lunch at Fred Burrell's...yep the place in Santa Ana. Would love to have you join us.

Hesperian, between Third and First. 305 N. Hesperian in Santana.

I'll keep you posted... still have your number.

gc

karstic said:
So you gonna be there?

I won't be at the recovery class as my heep is... well... limited right now. I won't take her offroad... only one bolt holding in the trans.

There was this night at TDS a few years ago when I nosed the front and launched the rear... Josh can tell you more.

I found the damage last May and am now in the process of the "final" build to fix it.

Enter project pocket pucker.

There are still open spots and with the amount of people commited the course will be less than $30.

Learn how to use the recovery equipment in a non-stressful manner before needing it on a trail run.

There are still open spots and with the amount of people commited the course will be less than $30.

Learn how to use the recovery equipment in a non-stressful manner before needing it on a trail run.

karstic said:

Seriously, if you've not spent time on the trail and are just lifting your rig, this course is manditory (REMI - read: should be manditory) for a run. If your life depends upon it, or as does your buddy/wife/wheeling partner, you should take it.

Perhaps a course needed for annual certification for NAXJA runs? Just a thought.

Glad I'm not BOD material. :)

Ok payment has been made.

Meeting place is at the

My Desert Rose Cafe
5965 Highway 78
33 8.653 116 7.976 (intersection of Hwy 78 and Split Mountain Road)

Meet at 8am, March 8th

Or meet earlier if you want to have breakfast at the cafe.

We still have space available.

Back