• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

axle?!

blackdoutxj

NAXJA Forum User
anyone know where i could get a hp dana30 with average miles on it?! mines just dead, and i dont want to spend the money to fix it...

If your still lookin drop me a PM.
I got stock'o hp30's staking up like cords of wood.

:callme:

i was goin bout 60mph, and headin out to go wheelin and i smelt a burning smell and then a huge grinding noise to find out my bolt on my hub sheered off for some reason and i havent taken it apart to see if the shaft is ok....damn rain:mad:

blackdoutxj said:

i was goin bout 60mph, and headin out to go wheelin and i smelt a burning smell and then a huge grinding noise to find out my bolt on my hub sheered off for some reason and i havent taken it apart to see if the shaft is ok....damn rain:mad:

Hey sorry to change the subject....but do you have any side view pics of that rig? I like the simplicity of the front bumper and want to see profile if thats cool. thanks

ya ill get some, its just the stock bumper without the trim:)!

How many miles do you got on that front axle? And I agree with jeeperjohn, just put in a new unit bearing if everything else is still good.

praetorian said:
How many miles do you got on that front axle? And I agree with jeeperjohn, just put in a new unit bearing if everything else is still good.
i would, but this axle has been involved in a 55mph roll over,it rolled twice ...it had 220000+ miles on it and i know the bearings inside are toast... so im as well just getta another one!

the are, i kno i just put them there because i was tired of lookin at them in my garage, im gonna get a JCR bumper eventually and say bye to those:D!

started to take apart with the little sun we had today, right away, JOHN u nailed it, the unit bearin was blown completley, u could see inside the hub and some of the ball bearings fell out when i moved the axle shaft....tomorrow ill take the shaft out just to see what copndition it is in. THANKS to everyone who replied so quickly for an axle in need:D!

Back