• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rubbing / not quite grinding sound???

cracked-butt

NAXJA Forum User
ok for some reason resently when i urn the wheel to the left i get this noise that sounds like a tire rub but not sure if it is the tire or the steering box? the fluid in the pump is fine. got a very small & insignificant leak but nothing to worry about. it doesnt sound like metal on metal grind, but i also cant do the stewering & be under it at the same time.

gettin a buddy up here to help me out is all but impossible.

thanks for any info on this.

Does it do it when you're stopped, or just moving? Maybe jack front end up, cut the wheel over to the left, and spin it by hand. Look and see if the wheel is rubbing anywhere. If it's jerky, it might be a bad axle u-joint. You can look behind the wheel and see it, if it's sloppy or binding it's bad.

well the only time i notice it is when im parking at the house. crank the wheel to back in & i hear it. it shouldnt be the u-joint, i checked it when i had to replace the other side. but its not noticeable when driving.:dunno:

Did you do anything around the time you first noticed this? Like change/rotate tires? Get an alignment? Do you have stock wheels? Is it lifted?

Back