• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

PS pump overhaul

Pharaoh XJ

NAXJA Forum User
I have a leak in the rear seal ( C-ring) of my PS pump has anybody took apart that pump? I want access to the rear of the pump can I do it from there or do i have to remove the pulley & take everything out from the front

How do I remove the reservoir from the body of the pump ?

NB: 94 6 cyl

Thanks in advance

Pharaoh XJ said:
I have a leak in the rear seal ( C-ring) of my PS pump has anybody took apart that pump? I want access to the rear of the pump can I do it from there or do i have to remove the pulley & take everything out from the front

How do I remove the reservoir from the body of the pump ?

NB: 94 6 cyl

Thanks in advance

The '96 reservoir is attached to the pump with two locking spring clips.
If yours is the same, you have to get the locking tab out of the way and slide them off.
My problem has been leaks from the reservoir "O" ring. The tension of the spring clips prevents good alignment. I bent the clips a little to reduce their tension and that helped a lot.
Instead of replacing the seal, consider replacing the pump.

if you have a leak in your PS pump dont just fix where it leaks change all the seals front, reservoir, rear

Mine started leaking from the reservoir changed the O ring, 1 month later the rear seal was shot changed that too, the next day the front seal ( pulley side) went bad.

my .02

Back