• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Venting thread

TheWarWagon

NAXJA Forum User
So, on the drive home there was a black xj on the 15 in the lane next to me(center). Well, this knucklehead must have thought I was one of his cronies and decided to play chicken with me. I didn't really feel like playing, so I just let him into the lane ahead of me. I'm going to guess he thought that I was afraid of him or something, so he decided to brake check me every 20 feet. He jumped back into the center lane to pass the cars in front of us. Well, as it always turns out, when you hop into the faster lane; it stops. When I got to my exit, he hopped in my lane behind me. My lane to turn left didn't make the light, so I was a few cars back from the line. His lane to turn right was open, so he slowed down to drive past me, and gave me a thumbs down. Now, I'm just as much of an a-hole as the next guy, but COME ON. His jeep was beat to $hit, and he actually cut holes in his rear bumper to fit some Wal Mart brand Halogen lights back there. You know, 1.5" in diameter ones? I know my jeep is a long way from where I want it, but that's like me giving a guy in a Lambo the thumbs down because he didn't want to climb the dirt mound I just did. Sorry for the long post, but some people need to be dragged behind their Jeep, not driving it..... :hang:

I don't get it. Some people are just retarded. I see another nice Jeep, I give them a thumbs up. Why hate? Just because someone doesnt want to street race you?

That guy is probably not on here.

I had a similar experience with a guy in a lifted TJ. I gave him a upward nod, like "What's up? Nice Jeep". This just set the guy off.

First, he gets behind me and tailgates my ass by inches. Then he whips out and gets in front of me and slams on his brakes.

WTF? Don't know why the guy got pissed off. Maybe it was because a guy in a lowly XJ dared to acknowledge his existence.

IslanderOffRoad said:
I don't get it. Some people are just retarded. I see another nice Jeep, I give them a thumbs up. Why hate? Just because someone doesnt want to street race you?

That guy is probably not on here.

We could probably find him and get him to post up.:firedevil

that is just stupid. I always nod fellow jeepers. For those that try to be mr aggressive, I just let em....meanwhile they are probably knocking their MPG down below 10MPG bawahahaha.

One time in high school, I was driving my 70 Buick GranSport and this guy in his 90's camaro was being cocky with me. While he was being cocky, he failed to see the red light and the car in front of him and wham.....his camaro was junked... my car was really nice after that

xjohnnyc said:
First, he gets behind me and tailgates my ass by inches. Then he whips out and gets in front of me and slams on his brakes.

Don't your windshield wipers work? Next time you see somebody tailgate you, just start washing your windshield. Amazing how they back off. Better yet, if you have a rear window washer, good time to use it!!! :D

Just have a jeep that's nicely lifted and so beat to sh!t (like mine) that they know you dont give a rats a$$ what they think:) While mine isn't my DD and dosn't see the miles many of your's do I've never had anything worse than a smile and a shake of the head which is far less dangerous than the break check; and they won't park close either (scared of parts falling off I think). John had his chance and went strait to a clean 2 door?????? I'm telling you if you beat the old one semi-strait and covered the damage with the wrong color paint the A hole would have thought twice before brake checking you:):):)

Eddie G. said:
Don't your windshield wipers work? Next time you see somebody tailgate you, just start washing your windshield. Amazing how they back off. Better yet, if you have a rear window washer, good time to use it!!! :D

Ha! When I first got my XJ the little hose supplying the rear washer fluid was cut, if I turned on the wipers it would shoot about 6 feet out of the back, oh that was fun! I used to ask my friends that I heard a wird noise from the rear end and if they could go take a look for me and wham! washer fluid in the eye!

slowrider said:
Just have a jeep that's nicely lifted and so beat to sh!t (like mine) that they know you dont give a rats a$$ what they think:) While mine isn't my DD and dosn't see the miles many of your's do I've never had anything worse than a smile and a shake of the head which is far less dangerous than the break check; and they won't park close either (scared of parts falling off I think). John had his chance and went strait to a clean 2 door?????? I'm telling you if you beat the old one semi-strait and covered the damage with the wrong color paint the A hole would have thought twice before brake checking you:):):)

I'm with you, I leave mine messed up and everybody leaves me alone. Once at Christmas time a lady pulled into a spot that I was waiting for and I kindly remarked how I had been waiting for the spot and she siad tuff she wasn't going to move. I used my winch cable a drug her out of the spot and left it in the middle of the parking row. Like I care if she keys my Jeep....Sheesh.

C'mon, you guys own XJs.
Next time someone tailgates you, throw the shifter down a gear and let the rear main spew.................
No one likes oil on their windshield.:firedevil

Back