• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Blower Motor/Resistor

MUSTHNT

NAXJA Forum User
I thought my resistor was bad because my heat only worked in high(very common from what i understand). I replaced it and i had all the speeds for about 2 minutes and then only high again. Im wondering if the blower motor is on the outs? any advice?

I have read on this board, the reason that the resistor goes is usually because the blower motor is starting to go also, and is drawing too much power for the resistor. I actually have the same problem right now, just need to buy the parts.

Definitely replace your blower motor (and of course, another resistor block). That is the primary reason that the resistor block goes south! Yours is a classic example.

What about the fan speed switch itself and the wiring, connectors?

Not likely the switch...especially since after installing the new blower resistor it worked. I'd get a blower at the junk yard, and a new resistor.

Back