• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Possible Relocation from Colorado

Blue96XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Hey everyone,

There is a possibility that the family and I will be moving to Little Rock, and I have a few questions.

How's the wheeling in the area? How far of a drive to get to some wheeling? Any considerations for my XJ (assuming I should be fairly equipped...4.5" lift, 32" BFG MT, 4.56, locked super 35 rearend, M8000 mounted on OR Fab bumper, Tomken rear bumper, and bushwhackers)? I just got the darn built to use (okay, done enough to get out and use when the weather clears in CO), this has been my project since July.

I want to bring her with me, but I don't need a garage queen either...

Thanks,

John

Little Rock is not quite 1 hour to Superlift ORV park with 1280 acres of wheeling - trails rated 1 to 5, I think we are really lucky to have such a great park here. You also might want to check out http://arkansascrawlers.com/main/forum/index.php we have a great club with lots of involvement at Superlift park.

John, welcome to the area in advance .... look forward to meeting you. :)

Mike

Close to some good wheeling. Clayton, Oklahoma is only about 4.5 hours, superlift is good too.

Cass, AR is 2 - 2.5 hrs, Disney, OK about 3 - 3.5 hrs, There's a place in Harrison, AR 1.5 or so...Flat Nasty in MO would be a good.. long weekend trip. Clayton , OK is about 4 hrs. Other spots that don't come to mind I'm sure.

Little Rock sucks though. I call it Little Atlanta..

it's that dark there?

You know most ppl ask about neighborhoods, school, and things like that... But I see you REALLY know what to ask for! GOOD MAN!!

The one with the chick and those 50 dudes?

There is actually lots of good wheeling in Central Arkansas. I lived there for about 7 years, and I will be moving back the Central ARkansas hopefully sometime in the next two years. Superlift is reasonably close, alot of the other places these guys mentioned, and its also around 6 hours from Little Sahara. We used to go out there regularly as well.

Gang Bangin in Little Rock was a long long time ago. I worked in Law Enforcement in LR from 2001-2004, and I can tell you that Little Rock has been cleaned up dramatically. Nice place to live now days. Funny thing is that I used to own some show cars, we went to a show in Vegas, some New Yorkers asked me where I was from, and when I told them Little Rock they just acted like I must be some kind of bad ass for living there. Apparently the only exposure they ever had to LR was form the HBO special. LOL

Thanks for all the feedback. I put it together with the intent of "Ghost Towning" with the family, but I'll settle for some weekend wheeling and camping...and getting as muddy as possible when I can :)

Back