• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cold Start???

94XJ2door5speed

NAXJA Forum User
SOOOOOOO.... for the first time ever my Jeep wouldn't start. It was 3 degrees out this morning not the first time either but it was hard starting. So i got out and it was cranking fast enough just struggling at compression but most of all it wasn't getting fuel to the rail. I asked for a jump from a guy and sure enough it turned over once and it fired right up! So is it my battery or possibly the fuel pump? It was really wierd, like it needed that little current boost to get moving.

ok so new ever start 900CA with 750CCA battery tomorrow! Unless someone knows a better battery for $75. Maybe i will upgrade to 2 guage cables aswell!

When it didn't start, how did you know that it wasn't getting fuel at the rail?

I would start with a new battery as you have planned. While you are at it, be sure that ALL electrical connections like battery cables, grounds, etc are clean and freshened. Use a wirebrush or equivalent and tighten everything up. Bad connections = resistance path.

If it acts up after that, put a fuel gauge on the schrader valve on the fuel rail and check fuel pressure/compare to spec. :compwork:

Back