• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Does ABS matter when getting 297 shafts?

BruceB83

NAXJA Forum User
I have found 2 sets of 297 axle shafts but not sure yet if the Jeeps they'd be coming from have ABS or not. I have searched and read through all the stickys on this but haven't found my answer. So, does it matter if I get D30 297 shafts from an ABS or non-ABS donor???

Thanks!

EDIT*** I don't think it matters but I want to confirm this. I know there is a large cog looking thing in there somewhere but I think it's on the hub...right? So the shafts would be the same if that were the case...

The ABS tone rings are pressed onto the outer shafts. If you don't have ABS on your Jeep it doesn't matter if the shafts have the tone ring or not. If you do have ABS, and you want to keep it working, the tone rings have to be the same as those you have now. I don't know if they changed over the years.

Ok, yeah I don't have ABS so I guess it doesn't matter then. Cool. Thanks Vince!

Back