• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Mounting dual Pusher electic fans

barillms

NAXJA Forum User
Ok guys, I've been through the whole Taurus fan thing, and interior mounted puller electric fans, but I want to get away from this set up for various reasons.

I'm an converting to a internal mechanical flex-a-lite brand "Economy" nylon blade low profile fan with a OEM shroud.
I will be mounting TWO PUSHER FANS ON THE FRONT OF THE RADIATOR, inside the grill area.

Can anyone help me, give me advice on mounting dual pusher
fans on the front of the radiator? What size fans? Should I build a box.. .or buy one?

I'm thinking I'll have to use twin 10" fans.

Any help would be great.
Thanks

i considering this... were you able to figure out something? anyone else ?

I did it. I bought the thinnest fans I could find it ended up being some that kragens has. Didnt take much work had to cut some fiber glass to move my trannycooler farther out. I should have some pics at home I can post when I get back.

As for advice umm prepare to cut.
Measure your space before buying.

Last edited:
I did it. I bought the thinnest fans I could find it ended up being some that kragens has. Didnt take much work had to cut some fiber glass to move my trannycooler farther out. I should have some pics at home I can post when I get back.

and how has it worked for you?

I run 2 pullers 2 pushers 1 pulls constant 1 pull is on a toggle. Both pushers are on a different toggle. I rarely ever need to use them and when I do it cools it off in seconds. Running all four would be impossible to overheat.

Last edited:
Oh also I don't remember if the grill fits. I could of sworn it does but it's been a couple years since the install and I run it without a grill.

Don't forget you have to increase your CFM for pusher fans by as much as 20% due to them not working as efficiently and the motor blocking airflow through part of the core.

My Taurus plus stock A/C fan works incredibly well and has never over heated since fitting them. Rarely even use the high speed side of it so I guess you didn't fit it along with the A/C fan or fit a shroud well enough?

I have done alot of work on getting the best fan setup and I have learned some things. If you are set on putting the fans in front of the radiator then you will need the most air flow you can possible get. Take a look at Spal fans, very expensive but they pull a sh!tload of air. Another option is the FFDynamics triple threat fan kit. This kit mounts inside the engine compartment but pulls enough airflow to take the worry out of it all. They will soon be offering a shroud kit that will further improve the cooling for extreme hot climates.

I really be looking at the rest of your cooling system. There has to be something wrong if you can't get a properly installed 2 speed Taurus fan to keep it cool! How long since the radiator was changed or at least pulled apart and roddered? Have you flushed the engine and heater core out? When was the last time the thermostat was changed? If you have over heated at any point, you should change the thermostat as it can cause them in future not to open as far or become sticky in their operation.

I really be looking at the rest of your cooling system. There has to be something wrong if you can't get a properly installed 2 speed Taurus fan to keep it cool! How long since the radiator was changed or at least pulled apart and roddered? Have you flushed the engine and heater core out? When was the last time the thermostat was changed? If you have over heated at any point, you should change the thermostat as it can cause them in future not to open as far or become sticky in their operation.

X2

Back