• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Applying Line X to the interior

90Pioneer

NAXJA Forum User
I'm debating whether or not to apply Line X to the interior of my '96 XJ. I decided on Line X because it holds up better in a cold weather enviroment. I do have a couple questions though.

How difficult is it going to be to reinstall my carpet? What other options for carpet would I have?

What about wires, drain plugs, bolt holes, etc. Will my drain plugs still function OK? Are there any wires or sensors I need to worry about?

Should I have them Line X the under carriage?

A local shop quoted me $700 to spray the interior of my Cherokee if I brought it to them with nothing in it except the drivers front seat. Is this too much?

$700! ouch.

i bought herculiner for $60 and it's still holding up great 2.5 years later. it's all in the prep.

if you are going to line the floor...why bother covering it up with carpet again? you could always just throw some floor mats in.....that's what i did for a while.

just my 2 cents

$700 is way to much. You could get your whole Jeep painted for that up here.
I say get the line-x and do it yourself.
And if you really want the carpet back in, why not just cut it into sections for an easy install and removal?

i have heard of lots of people reinstalling the carpet after hercing it so it cant be too challening. I would say deffinatly do it yourself and try it without carpet for a few days and if you dont like it then spend the effort to get it back in

I am about to do this also. I am wondering if there is any form of material that will sub for the padding thats undere the carpet? I was just thinking of putting rubber sheet down from a local rubber company, but i dont know if that will melt/burn over the tranny hump? How hot does the tranny humpo get in the summer time? I have a cooler but i dought that it does much for the temp.

installing the carpet is a sinch. if you cut it into seperate portions like, drivers side, passenger side, rear section, and truck/wheelwell tubs. thats what i did, and they are all easily put back in. its just a matter of taking off the plastic runners along the floor and putting the carpet up there then putting the runners back on. easy as cake. this way, you can run the carpets everyday, then if you go wheelin you can take em out so they dont get ruined in the mud or whatever.

Back