• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

GrimmFest '08

GrimmJeeper

NAXJA Forum User
Come one, Come all to the greatest show on earth!

the one and only GRIMMFEST 2008!!!!!! March 9th, 2008

We are going to be partying it up for my 29th birthday at El Dorado park in Long Beach.
http://www.longbeach.gov/park/facilities/parks/el_dorado_regional_park.asp

from the 605 exit spring street, if you enter the park from spring street turn right at the first stop sign, and we will be in the second covered shelter on your left, about a half mile down the road. you should see my jeep parked right where we are.

Drinking is frowned upon so leave the booze at home ;) and there are park rangers all over the place :)

We will be providing food, most likely we will be hiring someone to come out and have a taco cart. if you would like to bring some snacks or drinks feel free. i will have some waters and gatorades for the kids but you can never have enough drinks so bring for yourself or some to share.

Bring the family! there is plenty of room for the kids to run around, a big lake for them to throw sticks into, and alot of ducks and such for them to chase. we will also be renting a big jumper for them to play in.

We're planning a couple games, PaulHead mentioned a Pinata.. that would be fun. I'd like to see a bunch of you guys make it out there, its going to be a blast. a nice big line of XJs would look pretty good along the road that runs through the park!

Now for the bad part. it costs $7 (per vehicle, not per person - so carpool!!!!) to get into the park. sorry nothing i could do about it. i even tried to prepay for 50 cars but they said it would be too hard to keep track of. but hey, for that $7 you're getting a day of fun and free lunch!!!!

please post up if you are thinking of coming, i need an approx headcount for the taco guy!

:D
-G

What time is this shindig starting?

I should be able to swing in for a little while with the family.... 2 adults, 1 kid

man i keep forgetting stuff... we are thinking of starting up around noon. i will be there earlier though to make sure we get the area reserved.

and just for the people that skim the thread...

its starting at noon!

:D

Do we have to bring a present?

xjohnnyc said:
Do we have to bring a present?
no lol. but free XJ parts are always good :roflmao:

no presents, youre presence (ahh delicious puns) will be more than enough. i want to see all my friends there having a good time.

Since I said OK to the poker party (without asking her if she had a problem with it,haha) let me get back to you on this Mike.

I am pretty sure 2 adult 1 child but I will let you know for sure. hehe

silverslk said:
Since I said OK to the poker party (without asking her if she had a problem with it,haha) let me get back to you on this Mike.

I am pretty sure 2 adult 1 child but I will let you know for sure. hehe
the poker party is on hold for now unless someone else wants to work out the logistics, ive got too much stuff going on right now. i just got notice that my hours are getting cut back again and my store might close soon... so ive been a busy man trying to keep food on the plate. i would much rather see you guys come out and have fun than have Lily mad at me for bringing poker night over there ;)

I call :bs:

I think you ordered the inflatable Jumper for your self!!:dunce:

Back