• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

trac bar problem

kmanxj5050

NAXJA Forum User
i have the rustys adjustable trac bar. when i got my new exhaust ran the guy figured out where my clunking came from the tie rod end is actually moving in the stock piece. He said it might be because i drove it with out the jam nut tightened. Will a new T.R.E. work or will i need a whole new set up. Do you think rusty will hook me up i havent called him yet. thanks in advance for the help.

depending on how bad the stock mount is hogged out, you may be better off going with a heavy duty track bar bracket. I have had mixed encounters with Rusty's products, so I will abstain from commenting on his customer service pertaining to "hooking you up".

oh yeah..
make SURE when you replace it to use lock-tite because that jam nut backs off all the time if not and that causes the bad pop...then the bad break

driving without a trac bar isn't too bad...but its not fun either
=D

so a new tre will fix the klunking? and i was thinking about calling rusty in the thread you posted 98xjsport the one guy said that rusty will upgrade it does that mean new tre or heavy duty setup mines been on about 7 months.

kmanxj5050 said:
i have the rustys adjustable trac bar.

I found your problem right there.

Solution:

new trackbar and bracket from either: Kevins Offroad, TNT, or RE. I have Kevins, but will be getting a RE bracket so I can also get their Track Bar Brace.

x2 on swapping out the trackbar all together. I upgraded the rustys adjustable track from stock TRE to their HD TRE and I can honestly say that the HD version is weaker than stock:

bent_rustys_trackbar_end.jpg

Get an RE, JKS, or anything else before you kill yourself

kmanxj5050 said:
how much lift do you have djblade on my 4.5 there are barely any threads showin on the tre you have alot. it looks like barely any are in the bar.?

x2

im at 4.5" and only have about 3/4-1" of threads showing.

JNickel101 said:
I found your problem right there.

Solution:

new trackbar and bracket from either: Kevins Offroad, TNT, or RE. I have Kevins, but will be getting a RE bracket so I can also get their Track Bar Brace.

with 4.5", ive had rustys for 6 years without any issues. just make sure its lubed and the jam nut is tight.

by design, the TRE on the trackbar is not great on a lifted rig, no matter who makes the trackbar.

using a different end is needed when lifting and although you can get away with a TRE, its much better to have a different joint at the end, which usually requires a different bracket.

Back