• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone from the Houston going to Hot Springs?

xxmidianxx

NAXJA Forum User
I am looking for some one/people to caravan up to Hot Springs with. I am thinking about leaving my area (The Woodlands) around 3 or 4am so we can make the 7 1/2 hour drive just in time to get the hotel room at 2 pm. I dont know what time I will be passing through Texarkana.. I am guessing 9 to 10am... but I could meet up with some other people at that point. Just post up and let me know. Safety in numbers... lol

Man that leaving awfully early. I am leaving at 6 am to meet the dallas crew and we should still get there by 2. And its the same drive for u as it is for me.

Houston is about 5 hours from me in Texarkana, and Hot Springs is only about an hour and half to two hours from here bro. I think you could probably just go ahead and get an extra hour of sleep and be fine. I probably won't be leaving Texarkana until around 3 or 4.

BIgDaddyChia said:
Man that leaving awfully early. I am leaving at 6 am to meet the dallas crew and we should still get there by 2. And its the same drive for u as it is for me.

Well where are you coming from?

And thats not early for me. I am an EMT and I am at work everyday at 3:30 am and out driving by 4 am.

xxmidianxx said:
Well where are you coming from?

And thats not early for me. I am an EMT and I am at work everyday at 3:30 am and out driving by 4 am.

He's coming out of Austin area (Round Rock). We're planning to meet up on 30 outside of Greenville around 10 AM (I think...). That puts us in Texarkana around 12:30, so if you want to meet up with us then there's your timeframe.

Ok thanks guys. I will see what the wife thinks cuz she wanted to leave early so the kidos will be asleep most of the trip. Thats another thing having to stop you let the boy out and for us to strech our legs.

xxmidianxx said:
Thats another thing having to stop you let the boy out

Hey hey...I don't know what YOU do on road-trips, but keep it to yourself!

:laugh:

Kendrik said:
Hey hey...I don't know what YOU do on road-trips, but keep it to yourself!

:laugh:

Ok Ok you got me.. I should of said To let my 7 year old lil boy out to go wee-wee.

x2elite said:
Houston is about 5 hours from me in Texarkana, and Hot Springs is only about an hour and half to two hours from here bro. I think you could probably just go ahead and get an extra hour of sleep and be fine. I probably won't be leaving Texarkana until around 3 or 4.

5 hrs, Hell, it takes me about 2 hrs just to get from South Houston to North Houston on a good day! :shiver: Then its time to stop and stretch my legs already, LOL. Might be a bit faster at 4 am than 8 am or 5 pm!

See thats what i was talking about... traffic. I dont want to hit any rush hours. But Friday rush hour starts Thur. night!

xxmidianxx said:
See thats what i was talking about... traffic. I dont want to hit any rush hours. But Friday rush hour starts Thur. night!

Exactly! So what was your first clue? :laugh3:

Originally Posted by Kendrik
"Hey hey...I don't know what YOU do on road-trips"

Answer,

We visit the local parking lot on the Houston freeway here!:laugh3:

Perhaps we should rename them FreeLots! for Free parking lots, but if we actually parked and left them there they would just tow them.:eek:

Ecomike said:
Exactly! So what was your first clue? :laugh3:

I live near Houston.. or as its known in the ghetto..

H-TOWN DAWG!

JTBOSCO said:
You guysndon't know traffic. I recently moved from California and we rush hour started at 4am every day. I love driving in Texas..it's great.

Hey, man. You think you're gonna make this run?

Back