• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

black out lights?

thebluebuffalo

NAXJA Forum User
anybody ever put any black out lights on a xj? just wondering.....

Black out lights as in black lens paint/light covers? Or black out lights like in police vehicles where you hit the switch and all your brake lights and everything go out? (Drove an x-police truck over the summer, had to keep checking that this switch wasn't thrown)

Begster said:
Black out lights as in black lens paint/light covers? Or black out lights like in police vehicles where you hit the switch and all your brake lights and everything go out? (Drove an x-police truck over the summer, had to keep checking that this switch wasn't thrown)

as in military black out lights.

14273_78_2.jpg

14273_78_3.jpg

14273_78_4.jpg

14273_78_5.jpg

14273_78_6.jpg

14273_78_7.jpg

Figure 2-64.—Accepted beam pattern for a four-headlight system. BLACKOUT LIGHTS Blackout lighting is a requirement for certain combat operations. The purposes of blackout lighting are as follows: To provide the vehicle operator with sufficient light to operate the vehicle in total darkness To provide minimum lighting to show vehicle position to a leading or trailing vehicle when illumination must be restricted to a level not visible to a distant enemy The three types of blackout lighting are as follows: The BLACKOUT DRIVING LIGHT (fig. 2-65) is designed to provide a white light of 25 to 50 candlepower at a distance of 10 feet directly in front of the light. The light is shielded so that the Figure 2-65.—Blackout driving light. 2-48 top of the low beam is directed not less than 2 degrees below the horizon. The beam distribution on a level road at 100 feet from the light is 30 feet wide. The BLACKOUT STOP/TAILLIGHT and MARKER LIGHT (fig. 2-66) are designed to be visible at a horizontal distance of 800 feet and not visible beyond 1,200 feet. The lights also must be invisible from the air above 400 feet with the vehicle on upgrades and downgrades of 20 percent. The horizontal beam cutoff for the lights is 60 degrees right and left of the beams center line at 100 feet. The COMPOSITE LIGHT (fig. 2-67) is currently the standard light unit that is used on the rear of tactical military vehicles. The composite light combines service stop, tail, and turn signals with blackout stop and taillighting. Figure 2-66.—Blackout stop/taillight and marker light. Figure 2-67.—Military composite light.

this edit feature sucks ass!

Why?Are you a terrorist or planning a crime!

RCP Phx said:
Why?Are you a terrorist or planning a crime!

you got it! :yap: :peace: :greensmok :explosion :shiver: :looser: :fuse:

tigerShark said:
forgive me, what is the point of these blackout lights?

it is explained in one of the above posts.

Basically, he thinks the world is coming to an end and a nuclear bomb is going to hit and knock out all computer controlled devices. So he is converting his xj to run off of points and a carb so he can get rid of his pcm. Therefore, he will still be able to run after the bomb hits. Then he needs blackout lights so he can sneak around the country and get supplies and ammo without being seen from planes and choppers in the sky. In the end, he is going to form a rebellion group and come back in and take back the country.

Duh!

DurtySpeed said:
Basically, he thinks the world is coming to an end and a nuclear bomb is going to hit and knock out all computer controlled devices. So he is converting his xj to run off of points and a carb so he can get rid of his pcm. Therefore, he will still be able to run after the bomb hits. Then he needs blackout lights so he can sneak around the country and get supplies and ammo without being seen from planes and choppers in the sky. In the end, he is going to form a rebellion group and come back in and take back the country.

Duh!

ding! ding! lol......

DurtySpeed said:
Seriously though, bluebuffalo. Are you military? It says stay alert, stay alive in your sig and I sure do hear that a lot, lol.

ex

i dont know why you would really want them. i've driven humvee's with them, and unless you use NOD's then you will be sucking. but heck you might have those considering the mission you have in mind.... although i wonder if NODs are EMP succeptable. at any rate driving under night vision blows no matter how you do it.

i'm considering on building a "military" xj. just for the fun of it, i like the look.

thebluebuffalo said:
Ex what,your to young!Between your attitude and your previous posts I'd say a disgruntled flunkie from basic training.Your weapons post wasnt easy reading either.Your borderline "Columbine" scary!!

RCP Phx said:
Ex what,your to young!Between your attitude and your previous posts I'd say a disgruntled flunkie from basic training.Your weapons post wasnt easy reading either.Your borderline "Columbine" scary!!

military, whats my age? what attitude? and what previous post? and i'v got your disgruntled flunkie right here bitch! WHAT? now that's just fucking stupid. are you twelve, you may want to consult your parnets before getting online!

thebluebuffalo said:
military, whats my age? what attitude? and what previous post? and i'v got your disgruntled flunkie right here bitch! WHAT? now that's just fucking stupid. are you twelve, you may want to consult your parnets before getting online!
Im 48,never carried a gun in my life and take this very serious!It was your post!
i carry every where i go. sig p220, sig p245, s&w .38 special, or karh mk9 depending on what i'm wearing and where i'm going. on road trips i keep an ar pistol in the trunk.

RCP Phx said:
Im 48,never carried a gun in my life and take this very serious!It was your post!

you take it very serious that i practice my second amendment rights! are you prior service? and it was my post!

Back