• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

carpet out again

jeepjay90

NAXJA Forum User
alright guys i just picked up a new rig and im ripping carpet out again. i can see some rust under the truck around passenger seat and buy the cat. also the carpets look a little discolored. my last truck was the same, at which time i herculined it.the problem is last time there was so much dam heat by my feet i could barely take it with sandals on.new truck is a auto by the way, dont know if they run any hotter. in the august issue of JP magazine they used some stuff called dynamat to insulate it, then herculined over it. they said results were great. just curioius if anybody has ever used this stuff, or some other method, i know some other companys have sprayon heat insulators.
buy the way im gonna try durabak this time because of the color i want. any info on this bed liner also. thanks guys.

i read the article in JP too and was thinking about doing the same thing. my only thoughts keeping me from doin it would be how well the bed liner would adhere to the dynamat (apparently well) and if the liner will crack (the dynamat might be flexible??).

Back