• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Jeep running bad

victor_s

NAXJA Forum User
So i had a little problem with my fuel pump so i replaced the whole fuel pump assembly today. Started right up, but ran kinda rough. So i gave it a few mins and went and add some more gas and some fuel stabilizer. Ran a bit better but still a little rough. Drove it for a block and it cut out on me, so i started her back up and havent had a problem with it cutting off ever since. But its still running a little hesitant. Anythings i should check? Thanks

Important question. Did you have these symptoms BEFORE you installed the new pump or just AFTER the new pump was installed?

If you had them only after you put in the new pump, then the new pump should definitely be suspect. You can get a bad one out of the box. Happens more than you think. Put a fuel gauge on the schrader valve on the fuel rail and compare your readings to spec.

And as mentioned, be sure all tuneup stuff is fresh. Plugs, wires, cap, rotor, air filter, clean your throttle body.

Is the check engine light on? Can you retrieve any codes? Have you pulled apart the the (Throttle Body Sensor) And maybe give it a shot of electric cleaner?

Back