• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

OEM Comanche brush guard

MT Mike

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone here know if this is an OEM Comanche brush guard?

rmiflj.jpg

f9o5z4.jpg

I found this in a local junk yard. It is in pretty good shape. It looks to tie into where factory tow hooks would mount. If anybody knows if this is an OEM part or not, please let me know. Thanks, Mike

Does not look like the one my Starline had factory.

tigerShark said:
not sure if its factory but i do know its ugly.

X2 ugly as hell... doubtfull its factory... i didnt think any mj/xj would come with a factory brush guard.

I do however wonder if those fenders would work on my 4door xj. Ive been looking for both fenders in that color forever now. (i hit a damn deer)

Muad'Dib said:
X2 ugly as hell... doubtfull its factory... i didnt think any mj/xj would come with a factory brush guard.

I do however wonder if those fenders would work on my 4door xj. Ive been looking for both fenders in that color forever now. (i hit a damn deer)

If you find out that they do, let me know and I'll be glad to pull them for you. The fenders were straight and rust free. I live in Helena, MT. I'm sure we could meet up at some point, unless you want to have them shipped. PM me if you want more info. I could get back out there in a few days and get a pic for you. Mike

mtmike said:
If you find out that they do, let me know and I'll be glad to pull them for you. The fenders were straight and rust free. I live in Helena, MT. I'm sure we could meet up at some point, unless you want to have them shipped. PM me if you want more info. I could get back out there in a few days and get a pic for you. Mike

Thank you!! What year is that thing btw? Looks like an 89 or 90.

Does anyone know if mj fenders are the same as an xj?

Last edited:
Yes, that is a dealer installed option for late 80's era xj/mj's. If you have an owners manual from a late 80's xj/mj, look in the back pages and you will see a picture, along with other dealer installed options. If I were you I would snatch it up befor it gets crushed. Where and in what junk yard is it residing?

yep it is factory, it's in the back of my 88 XJ manual, also the smashed out fog lamps look like the ones pictured. it's ulgy but the jeep engineers quote "engineered to fit the countours of the vehicle."... Boxy...

I've seen 2 or 3 Chero's around here with that grill guard. UGLY!

I agree that it's ugly as sin. Someone might be interested in it though. I think I may pull it and put it up for sale. Junkyard is located in Montana.

Back