• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Open for suggestions.

78/xj88

NAXJA Forum User
0115081342.jpg

I have about 1200 bucks and tires will be bought for it by my father inlaw (thats our wedding gift!!! lol ) i can get coils and springs from upull lots but need help on shackles spacers shocks and so on...... BIG THANX TO EVERYONE

Soooo....are you asking what you should do with the $1,200??? If your tires are covered, buy a real lift instead of piecing it together from junk yard parts. What's your limit on tires or what size is he buying?

TSL/SX, 29/10.50-15LT i want these but not sure. dont want that much lift so just want a good good soild light to med trail rig.

Umm....do some looking around on here. Seriously??? You're really looking at 29/10.50s? Dude...at least go 30s or 31s and a 3" lift. Only suggesting that because you said light to medium duty. I consider 30's or 31's a light to medium duty although as long as the driving skills are there, it's capable of more. Heck, I consider the stock XJ a light duty off-road vehicle. You just said you have $1,200....so slap some 31's and a 3" lift on there. That's plenty especially considering somebody's giving you tires even if you have to throw in $100 for the tire upgrade. After that, get some skids and go wheel and see how you like it.

BruceB83 said:
Umm....do some looking around on here. Seriously??? You're really looking at 29/10.50s? Dude...at least go 30s or 31s and a 3" lift. Only suggesting that because you said light to medium duty. I consider 30's or 31's a light to medium duty although as long as the driving skills are there, it's capable of more. Heck, I consider the stock XJ a light duty off-road vehicle. You just said you have $1,200....so slap some 31's and a 3" lift on there. That's plenty especially considering somebody's giving you tires even if you have to throw in $100 for the tire upgrade. After that, get some skids and go wheel and see how you like it.
Those base 10-slot wheels are narrower than most, including the optional steel "wagon" wheels available in earlier years, later stock steel wheels, and numerous OEM alloys. As I recall, the base 88 came with 195/15 tires stock. Best check what size tires they'll take before you go too far. A set of later wheels from the boneyard might be a good idea.

Matthew Currie said:
Those base 10-slot wheels are narrower than most, including the optional steel "wagon" wheels available in earlier years, later stock steel wheels, and numerous OEM alloys. As I recall, the base 88 came with 195/15 tires stock. Best check what size tires they'll take before you go too far. A set of later wheels from the boneyard might be a good idea.

I was assuming he was getting new wheels after seeing his current ones...:puke:

78/xj88 said:
0115081342.jpg

I have about 1200 bucks and tires will be bought for it by my father inlaw (thats our wedding gift!!! lol ) i can get coils and springs from upull lots but need help on shackles spacers shocks and so on...... BIG THANX TO EVERYONE

WOW. I still can't believe they came from the factory that small.

it looks like a kids toy!! Well i got some bad news for myself wifes Ford Thunder Turd has to go to the shop something is slipping in the tranny!! BYE BYE 1200 BUCKS ;( going now to drop it off Dam FORDS maybe it will not be that much. lol HA O well thanx to everyone who was willing to help...

Now i need that Bastard pack...
Anyone know of good some what cheap shocks

If they dont say OME, Bilstein, Fox or Rubicon Express Monotube on them....then the rest, well, they're pretty much the same. Ranchos arent bad either, but I've never priced them.

Back