• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I need a mechanic close to me (Long Beach)

paulhead

I overtighten $#!t
NAXJA Member
Dude wanted $70 just to tell me what was wrong. I know it's the going price but I've been spoiled for so long (driving a wrecker in WLA for 12 yrs, all my guys are up there) I was wondering who locally has a shop or has the stuff in there house (diagnostics, etc.) to help me fix my junk. Got a 90 suburban with a check engine light and its running rich. I'm thinking O2 sensor especially because the exhaust is all mangled around it, which I wanna get fixed as well. I could probably troubleshoot it to death but it would take me forever, if at all, to fix it. Rather pay someone to do it right the first time. Thanx.

Leep said:
Or go to your local AZ and have them carry the reader to your truck and plug it in.

Did'nt know they did that, thanx.

Well I have a Factory service manual for the 91 GMC trucks and Subs, and I also have the 2 pin jumper tool if you want to swing down here and borrow them.. I am only here till tomorrow night then gone till monday...

Paul, if you feel like making a drive, I have a Mac Mentor (my personal scanner) you could borrow if needed.

I really appreciate all the help you guys are offering but I think we got off topic. Basically I was asking for a mechanic in/near the long beach area that I could just turn my truck & keys over to, so I can get the truck fixed right.

Back