• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wheel Wells

78/xj88

NAXJA Forum User
The plastic around the inside of wheel well is falling apart is that a big deal or can i be fine with out it? I plan a bb on it with 31s on 15s and will be doing light wheeling.

78/xj88 said:
The plastic around the inside of wheel well is falling apart is that a big deal or can i be fine with out it? I plan a bb on it with 31s on 15s and will be doing light wheeling.
I got rid of the plastic in 3 of my Jeeps and I've never had a problem. Many people say the hinges will start getting packed with dirt and mud if you don't have it, you might want to devise a cover for those things; otherwise I'd say you're fine though.

No,

FWIW, I've had mine off for a while, and have done some mud bogs, the door hinges stay pretty clean. I spray WD40 on them every now and again.

I have my splash guard removed as well. I'd only rip this off, if it is hanging down (which happens to about every XJ) I haven't had any problems with rain or wet road, but the alt, dist, o2 wires are exposed.

Back