• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Randy's Shafts for the D44 Rr.

Del00XJ

NAXJA Forum User
I posted this on Pirate but seeing it's not hardcore enough I never followed up on it. Anyway, I spoke with a rep. @ Randy's late last week about getting some alloy shafts for the rear of a friend's Dana44. To my disappointment they currently do not carry a "alloy shaft" for that rear. What they do have instead is a limited production shaft, alloy, whatever the stock spline count is, blah blah blah. The catch is though, that the shaft has a six in longer spline then normal, that way the buyer can cut it down the which ever length they need. That way the other guys who need different size(s) don't have to but something off the wall. The kicker, if any of this is making much sense is, they're under $100 a piece ($50 for wholesale buyers), are Yukon, and are still carried with the warranty.

Do you want to purchase, cut and ultimately rely on a stock spline count axle shaft? That is the question. If you had more spline area left over after cutting it, you have already lost a certain volume of strength in an "already weak" and lower spline count shaft. Run Forrest, Run!

Do you want to purchase, run, and ultimately rely on a Yukon axle shaft? That is the question.

My answer is Alloy USAs.

I'm with Phil. I'd really rather run stock shafts than Yukons.

Alloy-USA shafts arent very expensive. I've bought them for less than $100 per shaft on sale several times, they arent a limited production run - which means they can actually honor the warantee in 3 years - and the warantee is 10 year no questions asked.

Not to mention they are stronger. :)

I too am with Phil. After messing with Randy's axles, and breaking them, I went with alloy and no problems yet. But then again, I cruise malls. HTH

Good to hear from everyone. Thanks Guys! It was just a random idea. I too have heard mixed reviews about some of Yukon's shit but always needed to hear it from someone else.

The biggest thing there was 'limited production' with something that you know will eventually break. That means a hassle to get it replaced if at all..

My question is where can I get some Alloy USA axle shafts? I called them up the other day to see how much some custom shafts would be for the HP D44 I'm building, but they say they don't sell to the public.

Almost any offroad vendor. Reider Racing is a good one, or PM "Lincoln" here on Naxja.

Back