• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Swaybar Bolts

mavrick

NAXJA Forum User
I need to replace the drivers side swaybar bolts with some longer ones. Will any bolt that fits work? Or do they make longer automotive bolts that will work? And where would i find them.

-Thanks

Swaybar bolts? You mean the ones that hold the bar to the underside of the frame? Or are you, for some reason, trying to replace the bolt on the axle side?

Yucca-Man said:
Swaybar bolts? You mean the ones that hold the bar to the underside of the frame? Or are you, for some reason, trying to replace the bolt on the axle side?

Sorry, just the bolts that hold the swaybar to the frame.

That's kinda what I figured but wanted to verify. So are you putting a spacer underneath the mount bolts because you have a lift and need to correct the swaybar angle? I'd recommend tubing or even a block for that, because as the swaybar mounts move down they need to move forward or they'll cause interference between the swaybar/arms and the coils.

Take a look here: http://www.rubiconexpress.com/dynamic/mainpage.asp?folderid=1306 at the RE9921. It bolts up into the stock location and the mounts bolt into the lower, forward section.

If you are just looking for some bolts, get good Grade 8 (or metric 10.9), I don't recall off the top of my head which type that area uses.

Back