• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

02 sensor questions

2000xjclassic

NAXJA Forum User
So I noticed some wires hanging down under my 2000 Cherokee. It turned out to be the downstream O2 sensor that had apparently gotten ripped off at some point (the wires were pulled out of the sensor). This accompanied a check engine light as well as some funny running characteristics.. In my price checking, I stopped at Autozone and also got the check engine light code pulled. The guy at Autozone told me that he was being told that both O2 sensors were bad. Hoping that he was somehow wrong, I bought only the downstream sensor from rockauto.com.

I got the old one out and I have the new one screwed and plugged in, but I can not find where the plastic nut(?) that holds the plug to the body plugs in. The old plastic nut was broken off so that doesn't help. Does anybody know where this plugs in or another solution to stop the wire from getting snagged on the spinning driveshaft?

Thanks in advance
Chris

For another plastic nut you need to go to a junkyard or a dealership. For the wire hanging down bunch it up in little 1" bundles and zip tie it to the plastic connector near the plastic nut you are talking about. That's the way they tell you to do it on the box instructions. I did it and have had zero problems.

I already have the plastic nut that is part of the plug connector. I just can not figure out where that plugs into the body to hold the wire and plug from getting hung up on the driveshaft.

Chris

edit:clearity

Back