• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

JKS OTA trackbar bracket? Fab or not to Fab

98XJROKS

NAXJA Forum User
I've cut, shortened and straightened my re1660 trackbar so I could utilize the custom trackbar location on my new axle. I ran into a problem when my RE trackbar wouldn't fit in the fabbed up bracketry that was there, so I've plasma'd it all out to start over.

My question is; I have some 1/4" plate laying around and I should be able to fab up something similar to the JKS diy bracket. I've seen some fabbed brackets, so I know guys are doing it, but I also see a lot of pre fabbed, machined brackets.
My major delema is that the JKS is at least a week away....

Fab or not to fab???

FAB,and if you play your cards right you can get more length out of the trackbar!

I'm not too good about posting pics of my work, but I'll take some tionight and post them up. What I did was cut the trackbar at the lower end basically removing the bend portion from the bar to make it straight..
I've reamed the ID a titch and inserted a piece of 1" by 3" solid stock. this will give each end 1 1/2" od solid stock in each end of the trackbar. So far it's only tacked together, but I'll weld the seam back together and weld two rosettes on each end for added strength.

Back