• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Vacumm lines

CustomCrawler

NAXJA Forum User
What is the vacumm line that hooks up to the airbox, its certainly floppping around, it wraps around the washer fluid bottle and goes all the way by the distributor. I cant seem to find what it is.
DSC00080.jpg

It runs from your charcoal canister (round black thing near the firewall on the pass side) to your airbox. It has to do with the evap branch of the emissions system.

i added a filter like this and put one of the little baby k&n filters on the end of it. zip tie it to something if the flopping bothers you. but yea baby k&n on that and the line coming from the valve cover.

CustomCrawler said:
What should I do with it? Put a nipple on my ABS tubing and put it on the other side of my "airbox"
I'm not sure what ABS is...but if that's what you built the airtube out of...yes just make a bung for the other side and slide the hose onto it. Now if ABS is antilock brake system, no I wouldn't plug that into the ABS system :D.

The "breather" cap is not standard equipment on a 4.0. That should have a vac line on it that travels laterally (to the right) and connects to the tube part of the vac harness. It should go through the vac harness and on through to the intake tube

DSC00080.jpg

Like this

OPENSYSTEM.jpg

Back