• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Can you drive without the Vacuum Cannister

tcm glx

NAXJA Member #1033
I just lost my vacuum cannister! Can you drive around without it?

hehehe.. Did Billy burn it??

Yeah, you can drive without it. Your air vents will just flop to the windsheild postion and you won't have cruise control..

For '99, it cost about $11 at the dealership.

E

EliasJ123 said:
hehehe.. Did Billy burn it??

Yeah, you can drive without it. Your air vents will just flop to the windsheild postion and you won't have cruise control..

For '99, it cost about $11 at the dealership.

E

Sweet, so just the A/C issue, cause I dont have cruise....thanks!

damm really is that all its for i thought i had something to do with your "idle" so its really not needed ?

cds36 said:
damm really is that all its for i thought i had something to do with your "idle" so its really not needed ?

It affects idle because it's like a vacuum leak when the bottle is not on.. I technically don't know if anything else uses it. But, if you're thinking of tossing it, I would plug it or something..

E

If you dont replace it you wont have any AC at highway speeds because it wont have enough vacuum. I had that problem on my 89 when I bought it. They replace the bumper with an aftermarket and tossed the canister. I went a year trying to figure out the ac on mine. I finally put the canister on it off my parts jeep and it was fixed.

Mine didn't have one when I got it. The heat/ac wouldn't wswitch and no cruise. Just plugged the line running down below the battery to behind the bumper (92) and all works fine. i have got one from the pnp but never put it in because it all works.

Back