• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

37's on the HP30

Like Ryan said, Truss it and polish it up real nice and it'd last far as long as you take it easy. I'm gunna run 35s on mine once my order comes in.

In the end, as always, it depends on the terrain and your right foot.

I won't be going over 35s on my 30.

Last edited:
brother's been wheeling 35s on a 30spline chromo-d 30 for a while, only thing we've noticed is wheel bearings don't last forever on the road. a warn hub kit would go a long ways... or possibly just quality replacements (timken) instead of cheap ones

waste of money, even a 44 is questionable on 37s considering it has the same size joints

You'll probably eat u-joints, but it's possible to run 37's on a d30. Like said before, it's not necessairly going to break, it's all dependant on the terrain and how much you like the skinny pedal.

yea a dana 30 is ok i have been running one for two years with 35s and 4.56 gears new wheel bearings and ujoints when i did my lift i braced mine with a rustys brace for 30 bucks and stick welded it

To me 35spline shafts in a 44 is just a waste of $$.... just doesnt seem to offer much benefit over 30 spline chromo's... As for 37's on a D30... I dont know.. I'm running 37" sticky's on 44's though and it's holding its own pretty well...

and ball joints steering options hubs brakes, yes

Chris @ GATR said:
isn't a front 44 pretty much the same as a d30 other than ring and pinion diameter?

other than actual hubs, larger shafts, larger ring gear, larger brakes, deeper gear options............ If you're worried about breaking a Spicer 760x joint throw some CTM's or similar U-joints into it.. To me it's easier to replace a u-joint as opposed to a Ring/Pinion...

Theres a guy in our club w/ a XJ on 37, locked, 4.56s, alloy usa shafts, and he wheels pritty hard. Been all over Rubicon and Moab, even walked Esclator and never had a problem. It can deffentally be done, but you will have to keep a light foot.

Chris @ GATR said:
isn't a front 44 pretty much the same as a d30 other than ring and pinion diameter?
Not even in the same class IMHO. The only thing the same is the U-joint. I run my stuff hard and I broke a factory front D44 inner shaft wth 36 IROK's. I would not put anything bigget then a 35 x 12.50 on a D30 with alloys. It is all going to depend on the actual tire you end up using and the weight and traction ability of said tire versus the amount of stress from the right foot that you put on it. JMHO!

I agree with that completely. I ran my BFG A/Ts with a heavy foot and had 0 problems. Switched em out for some LTBs and broke the shit out of it with a light foot.

Ghost said:
Not even in the same class IMHO. The only thing the same is the U-joint. I run my stuff hard and I broke a factory front D44 inner shaft wth 36 IROK's. I would not put anything bigget then a 35 x 12.50 on a D30 with alloys. It is all going to depend on the actual tire you end up using and the weight and traction ability of said tire versus the amount of stress from the right foot that you put on it. JMHO!

I ran 35's on a TJ Dana LP30 w/ stock shafts with no problems and I wheeled fairly hard, so I would like to think that my HP30 with Alloys would support my wheeling style on 37's, especially since my OEM carrier/ring/pinion has been replaced with an ARB and 4.88's. Am I in fantasyland to think such?

1.jpg

2.jpg

PA130195-1.jpg

2165.jpg

Back