• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NP231/Dana 300 doubler questions

94XJ2door5speed

NAXJA Forum User
Ok i have searched on this site and the Pirate 4x4 sites and havn't gotten a decisive answer. How does the "box 4 rocks" kit actually work? Am i matting a 300 to my stock 231 or the other way around? Am i cutting anything or what i can't really tell. I want it for the twin stick setup on the 300. Do i need a clocking ring, what am i adding or subtracting from my t-case?

pretty sure the "box4rocks" thing is just the front half of the 231 (the lo-range part) bolted in front of the dana 300 (or another 231)...it included a block off plate and clocking rings

-Tim

jeepnuts311 said:
pretty sure the "box4rocks" thing is just the front half of the 231 (the lo-range part) bolted in front of the dana 300 (or another 231)...it included a block off plate and clocking rings

-Tim
this is exactly right, i just installed this setup in my rig ( but with a TH400 as i have a SBC 350) the doubler is awsome and the low range on this setup is holy-F#%$ low and i can do front digs as well with the twin sticks!!
i do recomend this setup completely.

See now thats what i wanted to hear! Were there any unexpected snags or expenses?

New driveshafts or modified old ones, TIG welding your original case, the cost of the flip kit, the box4rocks kit, and a D300. Not to mention the man hours that go into trying to get ahold of the guy just to buy one. Just call him religiously, he ignores all other methods. I found out the hard way.

ok so what did you use for driveshafts? I can get it welded for free and i wanna source it all before i jump in on the project. Hopefully it can get done when i am in chassi fab coming up here, what did you use for the twin stick setup?

Back