• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Thinking about going for trail or off road racing

redsquirrel

NAXJA Forum User
I'm thinking about going for trail or off road racing , I just recently bought a 89 xj 2 door 4x4. I was thinking about a trail rig , till i saw a off road race ,at S.N.O.R.E. event , in Nevada. I saw some XJ in the jeepspeed class..... what dose every one think about trail rigs or racing ....?So what are some pros or cons about trail and off road racing ???

jimgrms said:
lots and lots of money needed

X2. You can set an XJ up for the trail relatively cheap, a couple grand will get you a decent trail XJ. The abuse the Jeepspeed guys put their rigs through requires massive advanced mods to make them safe and reliable. I think it would be tough to put together an even semi-decent Jeepspeed XJ for less than $8-10K

xcm said:
this post is retarded and absent of ANY tech
this is modified TECH, not the noob hand holding forum

i heard if you complain about threads with no technical value in them, tech will magically appear. i think you should try.

OK, you want some tech? Something like this, for starters:

A Jeepspeed XJ absolutely needs the following things at a minimum IMO:

* Supple, long-travel longarm suspension
* Axle trussing and reinforcement
* Frame plating and reinforcement
* Full roll cage capable of high-speed rollovers
* Racing seats with reinforced mounts and five-point harnesses

All of the specifics of those mods can be found by searching the forums. None of them are simple or cheap. Building a Jeepspeed racer is something a newbie should not attempt without lots of help and deep pockets.

The guy was just asking a question. I'm sure after researching it further, he'll realise that building a Jeepspeed type XJ is best left to dedicated folks with ample resources, both financial and technical.

Ok A trail rig sounds good ,n the money not the thing i just go to work once in a while with the rig .. So what is a good affordable 6.5 lift and rides well? What about the rubicon express slip yolk eliminator kit, is it good?

Back