• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lockers and Logs

94XJ2door5speed

NAXJA Forum User
So anyone have anytrouble crossing logs diaganolly with locked front and rear diffs? Talked to a buddy back home this weekend and he put ratchet locks in both diffs and he says he can't cross logs at an angle anymore because the front end just walks along it.

Seems to me that this is more of a driver skill than a locker question.
Best way to cross a log, IMO is straight on. If a log is mud covered, wet, or snow covered, it has been my experience that your Jeep will tend to walk the log regardless of whether you are locked or not.

Zuki-Ron said:
Best way to cross a log, IMO is straight on. If a log is mud covered, wet, or snow covered, it has been my experience that your Jeep will tend to walk the log regardless of whether you are locked or not.

Yup it has nothing to do with being locked its all about the angle you come at the log. Like said before you have to come at the log so both front tires make contact at the same time. I come across this situation quite often being a logger and driving a skidder. The skidder locked or not likes to walk along the log if you come at any angle at all, hit it straight and you'll climb right over......much easier if your locked as well

Zuki-Ron said:

What he said

Back